50 Bets Career On Kanye

By Anonymous

Despite holding a more successful track record, skeptics are questioning whether 50 Cent's Curtis will outsell Kanye West's Graduation come September 11. Ask 50 and he'll tell you there's no way he'll come in second. In fact, he's ready to wager his career on it.

"They would like to see Kanye West give me a problem because I've worked myself into a space where I've become the favorite," Fif told SOHH exclusively. "Everybody roots for the underdog when he goes against the favorite.

"Put it like this," 50 told SOHH. "Let's raise the stakes. If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums. [Listen to the audio here]

"And I bet this, when Kanye West's sales come in, he's gonna have a 70% decrease [the second week] 'cause Def Jam is gonna buy records to keep him closer to 50 Cent," the Queens rapper added. "So watch the first week and then watch the second week. Watch his @#* drop off the planet. We keep our angles covered before we make a decent bet."

As previously reported, the two superstars spent time in the studio together working on Fif's LP, but SOHH has learned that the material they worked on isn't scheduled to appear on the album's final version.

"We worked together on an actual record to try and create something," 50 said. "I went in with Kanye, I went in with Swizz Beatz, I went in with will.i.am, I went in with Polow [Da Don] just to see if they had something that I didn't, to create a new direction for me that I couldn't get my hands on. I mean these guys are popular producers [and] have a higher consistency than a guy that's unknown, but a lot of times they may have music planned that doesn't fit the project that you're working on." - SOHH

Since I hate fifty I really hope Graduation outsells his album.


----------------
Now playing: Disney - One Jump Ahead
via FoxyTunes
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?