Jay-Z - Blue Magic

Category: By Jeff Wilson
Hov has a new track, and has announced he would will be dropping a new album American Gangster, which according to the New York Times will drop in early November.

Blue Magic brings me back to Hov's middle years, and for some may take a couple of listens to fully like it.

Jay-Z - Blue Magic (No DJ)
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Super JP September 22, 2007 at 10:24 PM
    i actually like it...

    reminds me of mims' this is why im hot. only if it was good.

    yo jayz!
  2. Anonymous September 23, 2007 at 2:56 AM
    "Blue Magic brings me back to Hov's early years..."

    LMAO!

    I would bet a few grand that you didn't once listen to, or even ever hear Reasonable Doubt when it first dropped (probably not In My Lifetime Vol. 1 either).

    Early years...

    *SMH*

    Your "early years" are probably The Black Album. No offense.
  3. Unknown September 23, 2007 at 10:02 AM
    my opinions on blue magic

    http://audiblecrack.blogspot.com/2007/09/message-to-jay-z-retire-already-blue.html
  4. Jeff Wilson September 23, 2007 at 4:21 PM
    @Anonymous - Well we can place that bet, but you would find yourself a few grand poorer.

    But how I worded the post was wrong. I was probably better off saying middle years (Vol. 3). You can argue it, but thats how I feel.
  5. Anonymous September 24, 2007 at 5:50 PM
    After a couple spins I'm really digging this track. It doesn't really sound like any other Jay-Z record I've heard before and I like that. I think he's trying to channel Rakim on this one which is how the song was described before the release. I'm excited about the album either way.

Something to say?