Kanye West/50 Cent Rolling Stone Article Recap

By Anonymous


By now, I am sure many of you have seen this. Its the cover from the latest issue of Rolling Stone Magazine. The feature story of the issue is joint interviews with both Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson and Kanye West who are both releasing their third major label album releases on
September 11th. Its nice for once to see Rolling Stone feature rappers instead of the normal white bread emo bands and washed up junkie classic rock bands that normally grace its cover. Anyways, the article itself is interesting and I will recap it for ya. Go get your own copy if you want or just read some excerpts here. I don't care.
First off, I can't say anything bad about 50 or he's gonna come to my house and kick my ass.
On reading youtube comments, Curtis says: "'I sit there all day,' he says. 'And they put these fake names up there. I wish I could find these guys so I could kick their ass.'" On second thought, good luck finding where I live Curtis.
Anyways, here are some various interesting excerpts from the article:
  • 50 made somewhere between $100 and $400 million from the sale of Vitamin Water to Coca Cola. Before the sale, he still made $7 million a year off Vitamin Water.
  • He got hella pissed when "Follow My Lead" leaked to the internet. He was maaad.
  • He's also mad about only making 8 on the MTV list of hottest rappers in the game at the moment. On Game, the number 3 spot holder, "'I wrote three of the hit songs on the album that he's being recognized for.'" On Weezy F, the number 1, "'That has to be based on his performance on other people's records...'"
  • He thinks that Kanye is more acceptable overall because he is less of a threat.
  • He doesn't like people who don't like hip-hop.
  • He doesn't like Oprah because of this.
Kanye:
  • He about to get married to Alexis Phifer.
  • On marriage: "'Real rock stars get married and have rockstar kids.'" Smh, Kanye you sound stupid.
  • On Jay-Z's reaction to the song "Big Brother": "'All I will say was that it was a very serious moment. The song was like an apology for me. Jay had so many good ideas for the record, and I was acting like a bitch and not wanting to play it for him." That's not the only time you act like a bitch, Mr West.
  • He considers the internet "the only way to be in contact with what's going on in the center of the universe, which is New York." I thought you repped Chi-town bitch boy.
  • All Kanye gives a fuck about now is stadium songs.
  • Basically, Kanye is a self-important cocky asshole who has abandonned rap music and culture to become a rock star.
  • Good riddance, fuck a Kanye.
The article's interesting, go check it out.

Originally posted at Audible Crack.
 

9 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous September 8, 2007 at 6:07 PM
    I think you're hating on Kanye a little too hard there man. He may be seeking stadium status by simplying the beats a little and not making them so "noisy", but that doesn't make it less hip-hop, and he definitely stepped his lyrically game up 10 fold. Have you actually listened to what he's saying on the album? Don't just skim through it, really listen. It's some real shit that's going to go over the common 50 Cent fan's head, and that's the way I like my hip-hop. That real shit, like old A Tribe Called Quest days man, Kanye is bringing it back. I'd rather listen to Kanye, Mos, Common, Talib, Lupe and ATCQ anyday then ever throw on a 'Curtis' track. That's real talk my friend.
  2. Anonymous September 8, 2007 at 6:28 PM
    lol! they both suck, nobody gives a damn. their 15 minutes was up long ago...
  3. Anonymous September 8, 2007 at 6:30 PM
    If they both suck, I'd love to know who you think is actually good ...
  4. Anonymous September 8, 2007 at 6:53 PM
    Probably Chamillionaire =P
  5. Unknown September 8, 2007 at 7:29 PM
    i ain't hatin on kanye's beats.
    they are fly, but I don't wanna hear bout his boring ass life and his stupid lyrics. at least rap about something cool or real, instead of your dumb materialistic bullshit.
    i'm not saying 50's lyrical material is that much better but at least he can entertain with all the gun and drug talk.
    shieeeeeet
  6. Anonymous September 9, 2007 at 2:20 PM
    You're damn a fool if you think all Kanye raps about is his stuff, do you listen to the lyrics or do you just skim through it?

    He talks about how it was to struggle and then come up and he speaks on how living life is much harder than shooting guns which I agree with. That's more relevant to me than selling drugs and shooting guns. How can you think guns and drugs are entertaining? If you can relate to that, you need to put the drugs and guns down and educate yourself. Go listen to some Kanye and get hyped.
  7. Anonymous September 10, 2007 at 1:07 AM
    That may have been one of the most biased views I have ever read, sounds like you was a kid that got picked on by Kanye and years later you are lashing out random things
  8. Anonymous September 10, 2007 at 7:46 PM
    wow. since when has Kanye been talking about boring stuff? he's actually grown up unlike most rappers who are pushing 40 but still dancing in the club. So what if he's making stadium music, shit somebody has to get hip-hop out of the clubs. This is one of the best hip-hop albums of the year but i dont think you've really listened to it.
  9. 5 Stawr September 12, 2007 at 9:18 PM
    i dont necessary listen to music just to relate to it, I listen to music that entertains. I pick music similarly to the way many of yall pick your movies. do you relate to all the protagonists in the movies you watch:?

Something to say?